Friday, January 23, 2009

These bargains of which I speak.....



alrighty then.....
went to Target today.....I must say that the Converse One Star line at Target has been my new favorite for a little while now. I have a few items, and all of them I've been quite happy with: The white dress shirt and the identical one in Navy Blue, my denim vest, today I purchased some little One Star tennies for Isaac. I got the black (see photo) $17.99, but they had pink and madras and cammo and for men they had them in high top.....super cute.
Also picked up a bunch of these great t-shirts by Merona. $9.99. great mottled cotton. I love the blue and white stripey one because it feels very french sailor. Also had yellow and white stripe and a bunch of solids. Runs slightly big--and by that I mean, xs is roomier than you would think. First review by Patty elicited an 'I would pay much more for this!'.....so hurry over to target. Or check it out online:

http://www.target.com/Converse-One-Star/b/ref=nav_t_spc_1_61/190-2849559-1533014?ie=UTF8&node=393216011

And about my very slight comments on DC I will say this: It is really hard to sum the last 4 days up in any kind of meaningful way this soon. To say that I'm glad that I went is the understatement of the decade. To have shared that moment--those days with thousands of people who all came there for their own reasons was profound. Older black ladies in wheel chairs out there with young children.....we have taken the first steps at lifting our country and our communities back up. We have given ourselves and our children a gift like no other.

2 comments:

  1. But can I get those sneakers for my kitten! Did get Matt a 1★ denim snap shirt. Need to find some toadstool and star embroidery/applique patterns for the pockets and shoulder placket to make it fully '68.

    ReplyDelete