Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm having a thing......


for flat, black, lace-up boots. I'm not entirely sure where it came from. I've had plenty of pairs before in my life, but for some reason, whenever I'm sitting in front of my computer for 5 minutes and I have a blank moment, it's the thing I search for. I've searched Zappos, and Amazon, and Piperlime (how annoying is that name and of all of the affiliated websites pushiness about them??)....Anyway, I have not found the right ones yet.

I found these:

which are pretty cool. In black I can only find a size 8.5. ugh. I'm not going brown. And basically, they are the same price as buying the real thing. The real thing being paddock boots from a western wear company. That's what these are from--well, sort of a hybrid of paddock boots and motorcycle boots. I guess I could just rock the Doc Martens again. Go old school.....But I think I am starting to push the envelope of acceptability on that. I'm no longer in my 20s or even early 30s. I might have to meditate on that.

Ok, while I'm meditating, I must tell you that I got a call that apparently Lucky Brand Kids is having some sort of $10 sale!? It's not on the website and I haven't gone in to confirm (what with Isaac still being feverish and all) so, check it out and let me know......who can beat $10?

Ok, meditation over.....went to the DM website......they had me at 'vintage collection'. Takes me right back. I really like the maroon ones all of a sudden (I'm totally getting off track here)


I mean, for those of you older than 33, these will take you right back......(arbitrary age).
And for those of you with kids: I'm sure you noticed those cute little green boots on your way in here. Those come in a veritable rainbow of colors and patterns. Killing me. Who can spend $60 on boots for the kids right now? Well, who can be buying boots at all right now? Certainly not me. Which is why I am ranting here.


No comments:

Post a Comment