Sunday, January 25, 2009

A beautiful, cold Sunday.....



New idea for a kid's party: make a compilation cd instead of a bag full of plastic and sugar.....Isaac and I went to his friend Levi's birthday party, and came home with an awesome mixed cd that starts off with his buddy doing a little intro at the beginning. It will, no doubt, get waaay more play than the usual little trinkets that the kids usually come home with. Of course, all the kids were whining a little at first about not getting the goodie bag (did we get them at every party when we were kids? I don't remember, but it seems like we didn't), but once we got into the car and the old school version of the Spider Man theme came on, all was forgotten.

Then I took a little cruise through Old Navy since I was making a return upstairs anyway....a couple of cute things--lots of cute rain slickers in nice spring colors. They aren't on sale yet ($32-$39), but still super cute if you're in the hunt for a new rain coat. And this super cute green dress with the rolled sleeves and my favorite for comfy dresses--POCKETS! Cute with boots now, flip flops or tennies later and it meets my criteria for a great dress--perfect for the park. Some of you don't have that issue....but those of you who do, will appreciate.
Also cool there right now are the knockoff Sigg bottles. $7.50. They are tall too, which is cool. They only have the screw tops and I tried to fit my Sigg spout on it, and it doesn't work, BUT, it's still great to have another water bottle in the stable that isn't plastic. The one I got has peace signs on it, but these are all cute as well.....and who can beat $7.50??

No comments:

Post a Comment