Tuesday, February 3, 2009

because we all need more shoes.....

While running errands today, I passed by a nearby Payless shoes. I must say that I haven't really ever purchased too much in there (shocking to some, I know given my proclivity for all things cheap) other than shoes for Isaac.

I saw the Lela Rose line that they carry and I was blown away! For those of you who wear heels, I definitely say check it out. She had some cute peep toe flats as well....all super super cute. One thing I really loved about it was that the shoes weren't plastic trying to be leather (or trying to pass itself off as eco friendly). She is using canvass and ribbon and other cute fabrics that are really really sweet. For those of you, like my mother, who like everything to match, there are some matching handbags that are pretty cute as well.

She's also doing a line of wedding or prom shoes (in case any of you are pulling bridesmaid duty soon) just like Leed's did when we were younger with the dyeables.....again, some pretty cute designs.
You can't beat a $30 pair of shoes that are fairly well made from a designer who worked for the likes of Richard Tyler in her time.....

if you can't get over to your local payless:

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/SLCategory.aspx?TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensDesigners&BLC=WomensDesignersLelaRose&ShopBySize=1&viewAll=true&sort=newarrivals

Oh, and they also had some cute old school keds knockoffs for around $15. all black or navy blue and white. I loved the all black because it was lined with white polkadots which reminded me of the Comme des Garcons line for H&M that I didn't get. I still go on ebay every few days and look at the tuxedo jacket. But when would I get a chance to wear it???

Lela Rose for Payless Maxwell Wedge These gray ones are a wool fabric with a really cute wedge. And they were pretty comfortable. And the black ones below were a sort of linen or canvas.....both really cute for spring.

Lela Rose for Payless Palmetto Peep Wedge |

+ -

No comments:

Post a Comment